Japan continues to be dominated by Nintendo Switch games, with a peak that has a few exceptions.
Kirby and the Forgotten Land has surprised since its premiere, becoming the veteran franchise’s best launch in Japan. Our adorable pink ball had to take on Konami’s hit eBASEBALL Powerful Pro Baseball saga in Japan, but as Gamesindustry shared, April ended with Nintendo’s title as Japan’s bestsellerin a top dominated by the Nintendo Switch.
The best-selling video games in Japan in April 2022
- Kirby and the Forgotten Land (Nintendo Switch | Nintendo)
- Mighty eBaseball Pro Yakyu 2022 (Nintendo Switch | Konami)
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo Switch | Nintendo)
- Mighty eBaseball Pro Yakyu 2022 (PS4 | Konami)
- Minecraft: Switch Edition (Nintendo Switch | Microsoft)
- 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (Nintendo Switch | Atlus)
- Pokémon Legends: Arceus (Nintendo Switch | The Pokémon Company)
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo Switch | Nintendo)
- Elden Ring (PS4 | FromSoftware)
- Mario Party Superstars (Nintendo Switch | Nintendo)
However, Famitsu’s April sales list covers from March 28 to April 24leaving aside the spectacular premiere of Nintendo Switch Sports, released on April 29. Gematsu shared the sales between the weeks of April 25 to May 8 and there yes, Nintendo’s sports proposal is at the top of the list with over 300,000 units sold.
- [NSW] Nintendo Switch Sports – 304.588 (New)
- [NSW] Kirby and the Forgotten Land – 77,330 (695,811)
- [NSW] Powerful eBASEBALL Pro Baseball 2022 – 61,209 (153,933)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 41,802 (4,621,427)
- [PS4] Powerful eBASEBALL Pro Baseball 2022 – 26,444 (80,983)
- [NSW] Minecraft – 22,952 (2,635,396)
- [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 20,417 (4,873,950)
- [NSW] Ring-Shaped Adventure – 17,309 (3,144,888)
- [NSW] Mario Party Superstars – 16,686 (959,773)
- [NSW] Pokémon Legends: Arceus – 15,235 (2,243,757)
The best-selling consoles in Japan
- Nintendo Switch OLED – 101,489 (1,721,151)
- Nintendo Switch – 53,092 (18,268,375)
- PlayStation 5 – 46,415 (1,382,888)
- Nintendo Switch Lite – 22.011 (4.710.282)
- Xbox Series S – 10,610 (99,288)
- Xbox Series X – 3,508 (99,364)
- Digital PlayStation 5 – 3,383 (235,257)
- New 2DS LL (including 2DS) – 452 (1,185,724)
- PlayStation 4-81 (7.819.526)
The ace nintendo switch sale They not only resounded in Japan, a country in which it has become a stronghold of the big N, in Spain the company’s titles reign supreme, occupying eight of the ten best-selling games in the spanish shops. Records that those of Kyoto add all over the world and which notably make the hybrid the fourth best-selling console in the United States, after having overtaken the PS4.
Learn more about: Kirby, Nintendo Switch Sports and Japan Sales.